The Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) is so much more than just another convention centre. An exceptional centre requires exceptional staff and the culture of the CTICC is one of teamwork, recognition, personal accountability, and service excellence. We understand that it is only our people who make us the success we are and, as a result, we make every effort to ensure that we recruit and retain talented, qualified and enthusiastic leaders, who are team players, able to embrace our values, fit in with our culture and recognise the value of hard work in a dynamic exciting environment.
- Securing events in compliance with booking procedure and ISO 9001 standards.
- To pro-actively sell and follow up on leads.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities, establish, renew and maintain long-term business relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Achieve sales targets and budgets through active sales activities.
- Carry out relevant reporting/administrative requirements of the job regularly.
- Work closely with the team to help achieve Department objectives.
- Preparing quotations on the basis of client’s needs in line with CTICC standards.
- Generate optimal revenue from each client by upselling additional services and Food and Beverage.
- Conduct site inspections and client meetings.
- Building and maintaining good customer relationships by doing sales calls and attending Client Relationship Management (CRM) events.
- Ensuring proper interdepartmental communication during and after event handover, when applicable.
- Delivering of CTICC presentations at tradeshows, workshops, industry events, off site at client offices or on site at CTICC as and when required.
- Generating requisitions and following up on payments for all elements of short term events.
- Liaising with the relevant departments regarding additional special needs of short term events as requested by the client.
- Respond appropriately to client feedback and queries within 24 hours.
- Determine the exact needs of the client and advise on certain possibilities and options.
- Advise and discuss: table plans, entertainment, food and beverage requirements, time schedule and decoration, audio visual, health and safety, as well as layout and any other event requirements.
- Follow up on payments as per the Conditions of hire, ensure full prepayment is made prior to the event.
- Adhere to Procurement processes
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Follow through to successful execution of short term events.
- Ensure client satisfaction with the event planning process.
- Secure client feedback on experience with CTICC.
- Liaise with Debtors Clerk about outstanding payments for upcoming events and past events.
- Ensure all extra charges are added to invoice within 2 working days post the event
- Consult with the Operations department regarding client’s needs and their requirements
- Hand client over to Event Services department.
- Inform organisation and direct stakeholders on function details.
Minimum Qualifications and experience required
- Certificate in Events Management, Tourism or Hospitality (NQF level 5)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an event organisation
- Valid Drivers’ Licence
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent understanding of key computer programmes (Excel, Word, etc.)
- A well-disciplined individual with a customer orientated “can do” personality
- High level of professionalism and confidence
- Good communication skills are vital
- Flexibility is a must and the ability to work on different projects simultaneously in a pressurised environment is a key requirement
- Ability to work unusual hours during busy periods
- Attention to detail
- Exposure to an event management software programme, is advantageous
- Determined individual with an understanding and flair for the hospitality and events industry
- Must be able to continually assess customer needs and requirements, while providing input into the forecasting cycle.
Remuneration will be discussed with the successful candidate. Kindly submit confidential applications to the Human Resources Department on or before Tuesday the 13th September 2016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The CTICC is committed to Employment Equity and particularly welcomes applications from suitably qualified previously disadvantaged Individuals. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information on the Cape Town International Convention Centre please visit: www.cticc.co.za